January 7, 2018 Story Time - Valentine's Day


If you missed this weeks story time here is what we did:

*marks the books we read



















Happy Valentine's Day!  by Alex Appleby*
Valentines For Everyone  by Cecilia Minden
One Heart A Valentine Counting Book  by Maryann Cocca-Leffler*
Hug Machine  by Scott Campbell*
The Kiss That Missed  by David Melling
Our Holidays-Celebrate Valentine's Day  by Amy Hayes*

For our craft we decorated cards and envelopes for Valentine's Day

Extra activities
This Valentine is shaped like..... (I showed different shapes/objects and the children had to guess their shape and color)
This valentine is shaped like a......square
this valentine is shaped like a.....bear
this valentine is shaped like a.....circle
this valentine is shaped like a......heart
this valentine is shaped like a......rectangle
this valentine is shaped like a......triangle
this valentine is shaped like a.....bird
this valentine is shaped with love (I held up the word LOVE)

Five Little Valentines
Five little valentines from the grocery store, I sent one to mother, now there are four
four little valentines, pretty ones to see, I gave one to my brother, now there are three
three little valentines, what'll I do? I gave one to my sister, now there are two
two little valentines, it's so much fun, I gave one to daddy, now there is one
one little valentine, I'm almost through, who should I give it to? I gave it to YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment