February 21, 2018 Story Time - Teeth


If you missed this weeks story time here is what we did:

*marks the books we read




















Brush, Brush, Brush!  by Alicia Padron*
Clark the Shark Tooth Trouble  by Bruce Hale
The Tooth Book  by Edward Miller
Clarabella's Teeth  by An Vrombaut*
Maisy, Charley and the Wobbly Tooth  by Lucy Cousins
Snacks for Healthy Teeth  by Mari Schuh*
Whose Teeth Are These?  by Wayne Lynch*
Tooth by Tooth, Comparing Fangs, Tusks and Chompers  by Sara Levine
Alan's Big, Scary Teeth  by Jarvis

For our craft we made a tooth puppet like the one found here:
https://goo.gl/IE0X5k

We added a toothbrush like this one:








Extra activities
Got My Toothpaste (sung to Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star)
Got my toothpaste, got my brush
I won't hurry, I won't rush
making sure my teeth are clean
front and back and in between
when I brush for quite a while
I will have a happy smile!

Fun Facts About Teeth

Dogs have 42 teeth
cats have 30 teeth
pigs have 44 teeth
adults have 32 teeth
armadillos have as many as 104 teeth!

Some animals dig with their teeth, like wild pigs. They dig with their tusks, which are actually canine teeth

Walruses use their tusks to anchor themselves in the ice while they sleep

Sharks have an unlimited supply of teeth. If one tooth falls out, a tooth from another layer takes its place. A shark may shed as many as 50,000 teeth in a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment