August 3, 2016 Story Time - Alphabet (ABC's)


If you missed this weeks story time here is what we did:

*marks the books we read




















Sleepy ABC  by Margaret Wise Brown*
Apple Pie ABC  by Alison Murray
ABC School's for Me!  by Susan B. Katz*
All the Awake Animals are Almost Asleep  by Crescent Dragonwagon
Square Cat ABC  by Elizabeth Schoonmaker*
Alpha Oops! The Day Z Went First  by Alethea Kontis*
ABCs on Wheels  by Ramon Olivera

For our craft we made a picture like this one:
 http://goo.gl/TBFZiF

Extra activities
The Alphabet Song
A, B, C, D, E, F, G
H, I, J, K,
L, M, N, O, P,
Q, R, S,
T, U, V,
W, X,
Y and Z
now I know my ABC's next time won't you sing with me

We talked about words that start with the letter "U" like: umbrella, up, under, underwear, etc.

We played "Thumbs Up" a game about words that start with the letter "U". If I said a word that started with "U" the children gave me a thumbs up; if I said a word that didn't start with the letter "U" they gave me a thumbs down

No comments:

Post a Comment