August 10, 2016 Story Time - Colors


If you missed this weeks story time here is what we did:

*marks the books we read




















A Book of Colors Butterfly Butterfly  by Petr Horacek*
Colors  by Nina Filipek
The Deep Blue Sea-A Book of Colors  by Audrey Wood*
The Red Hen  by Rebecca Emberley
Swatch: The Girl Who Loved Color  by Julia Denos
Red: A Crayon's Story  by Michael Hall
My First Look At Colors  by Jane Yorke*
The Day the Crayons Came Home  by Drew Daywalt
Lemons Are NOT Red  by Laura Vaccaro Seeger*

For our craft we colored a cat like this, then taped on a stick to make it a puppet













Extra activities:
Find the color (sung to the muffin man)
Oh, can you find the color blue
the color blue, the color blue
oh, can you find the color blue
somewhere in this room?

The Color That I See
Blue, blue is the color that I see
if you are wearing blue, then show it to me!
stand up! turn around!
show me your blue and sit back down!
(add more colors like; red, yellow, green orange, etc)

Scat the Cat
Once upon a time there was a little black cat and his name was Scat the Cat (put up black cat).
One day he looked around and noticed that there were so many beautiful colors and he wanted to be a different color too! so he said:
"I'm Scat the Cat. I'm sassy and fat and I can change my color just like that"! (take black cat down and clap your hands)

All of a sudden he was green (put up green cat) like the trees and the grass (ask children what other things are green). He went out to play with his friends but they couldn't see him. He was so sad and decided he didn't want to be green anymore, so he said:
"I'm Scat the Cat. I'm sassy and fat and I can change my color just like that! (take green cat down and clap your hands)

All of a sudden he was blue (put blue cat up) like the water and sky (ask children what other things are blue). He walked to the lake to look in the water but he fell in! He couldn't swim but his friend Timothy Turtle found him and carried him back to shore. Scat was very sad and decided he didn't want to be blue anymore, so he said:
"I'm Scat the Cat. I'm sassy and fat and I can change my color just like that! (take blue cat down and clap your hands)

All of a sudden Scat was yellow (put yellow cat up) like the sun! (ask the children what other things are yellow). He walked into the jungle and came across Leo the Lion who roared "I'm the only one who is yellow in this jungle!" Scat was so afraid he decided he didn't want to be yellow any more so he said:
I"m Scat the Cat. I'm sassy and fat and I can change my color just like that!" (take yellow cat down and clap your hands)

All of a sudden Scat was red (put up red cat) like an apple. (ask the children what other things are red). He went to play with his friends but they laughed at him. After all, who ever heard of a red cat?
Scat was very sad and decided he didn't want to be red anymore, so he said:
"I'm Scat the Cat. I'm sassy and fat and I can change my color just like that!" (take red cat down and clap your hands)

I don't want to be red, I don't want to be yellow, I don't want to be blue and I don't want to be green. I want to be Scat the black cat again
Scat changed back to black (put black cat up) and was happy just being himself

No comments:

Post a Comment