March 26, 2014 Story Time - Your Face


If you missed this weeks story time here is what we did:

*marks the books we read



Whose Nose Is This?  by Wayne Lynch*
Another Mouth to Feed  by Michael Dahl
The Body Book  by Shelley Rotner*
Caring For Your Teeth  by Sian Smith*
Here Are My Hands  by Bill Martin, Jr.*
Watch Your Tongue, Cecily Beasley  by Lane Fredrickson
The Nose Book  by Al Perkins

For our craft we pasted a face on a paper plate then added a hand with a tissue glued to it so it covered the mouth and nose

Extra activities:

We talked about the letter "F", the sound it makes and other words that begin with "F"

We talked about the parts of our faces (eyes, nose, mouth, ears, teeth, tongue, cheeks, etc)

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
Head, shoulders, knees and toes
knees and toes
Head, shoulders, knees and toes
knees and toes
Eyes and ears and mouth and nose
Head, shoulders, knees and toes
knees and toes

Touch Your Nose
Touch your nose
touch your chin
that's the way this game begins
touch your eyes
touch your knees
now pretend you're going to sneeze
touch your hair
touch one ear
touch your two red lips right here
touch your elbows
where they bend
that's the way this touch game ends

I Wiggle
I wiggle my fingers
I wiggle my toes
I wiggle my shoulders
I wiggle my nose
now no more wiggles
are left in me
so I will be still
as still as can be

No comments:

Post a Comment