January 3, 2018 Story Time - Colors


If you missed this weeks story time here is what we did:

*marks the books we read




















I Say, You Say, Colors!  by Tad Carpenter*
Looking for Colors with Lily and Milo  by Pauline Oud
I Know Colors  by Mary Rose Osburn*
The Crayons' Book of Colors  by Drew Daywalt
I Went Walking  by Sue Williams*
Magic Colors  by Patrick George*
The Madagascar Color Train  by Michele Boyd
Jane Foster's Brown Bear Color Book  by Jane Foster*


Directions for the craft can be found here:
https://goo.gl/CJtu2J

Extra activities

Colored shoes
Stomping in my red shoes, red shoes, red shoes
stomping in my red shoes, here at story time
running in my blue shoes, blue shoes, blue shoes
running in my blue shoes, here at story time
sliding in my green shoes, green shoes, green shoes
sliding in my green shoes, here at story time
twirling in my pink shoes, pink shoes, pink shoes
twirling in my pink shoes, here at story time
sitting in my white shoes, white shoes, white shoes
sitting in my white shoes, here at story time

Little mouse, little mouse
(I hid a paper mouse under a colored house and the children had to guess which colored house the mouse was hiding under). Each time we searched we said:
Little mouse, little mouse, are you in the RED house?
(we repeated with blue, green, orange, purple, pink and yellow houses)


No comments:

Post a Comment