November 22, 2017 Story Time - Spiders


If you missed this weeks story time here is what we did:

*marks the books we read




















Frank the Seven-Legged Spider  by Michaele Razi*
Eensy Weensy Spider  by Penny Dann
I'm Trying to Love Spiders  by Bethany Barton*

For our craft we made a spider headband like this one:











Extra activities
Spider on the Floor
(we used paper spiders and placed them wherever the song said)
There's a spider on the floor, on the floor
there's a spider on the floor, on the floor
who could ask for any more
than a spider on the floor?
there's a spider on the floor, on the floor
Repeat with verses:
There's a spider on my leg, on my leg
and he's really big
There's a spider on my stomach, on my stomach
Oh, he's just a dumb old lummock
Now the spider's on my neck, on my neck
Oh, I'm gonna be a wreck
There's a spider on my face, on my face
Oh, what a big disgrace
Now there's a spider on my head, on my head
Oh, I wish that I were dead
BUT-He jumps off!
There's a spider on the floor, on the floor

We talked about spiders - are they insects?, how many eyes do they have?, how many legs?, what do they eat?



No comments:

Post a Comment