August 30, 2017 Story Time - The Stars


If you missed this weeks story time here is what we did:

*marks the books we read




















Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star and other favorite bedtime rhymes  by Sonja Rescek*
Stars  by Mary Elizabeth Salzmann
How to Catch a Star  by Oliver Jeffers*
Wonder Why Stars Twinkle and other Questions About Space  by Carole Stott
Stars  by Charlotte Guillain*
Spots of Light A Book About Stars  by Dana Meachen Rau
Once Upon a Starry Night A Book of Constellations  by Jacqueline Mitton
The Biggest Bear  by Adam Relf*
Stars! Stars! Stars!  by Bob Barner*
Zoo in the Sky  by Jacqueline Mitton

For our craft we glued two shooting stars (like the one pictured below) to black paper, then added stars and planets with bright crayons.











Extra activities:
We sang these songs:

Twinkle, twinkle, little star
how I wonder what you are
up above the world so high
like a diamond in the sky
twinkle, twinkle, little star
how I wonder what you are

Star light, star bright
first star I see tonight
I wish I may
I wish I might
have the wish
I wish tonight

Four Little Stars
Four little stars
winking at me
one shot off (clap)
then there were three
three little stars
with nothing to do
one shot off (clap)
then there were two
two little stars
afraid of the sun
one shot off (clap)
then there was one
one little star
alone is no fun
it shot off (clap)
then there was none







No comments:

Post a Comment