June 28, 2017 Story Time - Community Workers - Construction Workers


If you missed this weeks story time here is what we did:

*marks the books we read




















Hooray For Construction Workers!  by Kurt Waldendorf*
Digger Dog  by William Bee
One Big Building-A Counting Book About Construction  by Michael Dahl*
The Little Dump Truck  by Margery Cuyler
I'm Dirty!  by Kate & Jim McMullan*
Big Machines-Digger's Busy Day  by Amelia Marshall
Construction Tools  by JoAnn Early Macken*
If You Were A....Construction Worker  by Virginia Schomp
Hush Little Digger  by Ellen Olson-Brown

For our craft we used stickers like these:


















to decorate a construction site picture.

Extra activities
Five Little Nails
five little nails
standing straight and steady
here comes the carpenter
with a hammer ready!
bam! bam! bam! (pound one finger down)
four little nails.....
three little nails.....
two little nails.....
one little nail....

I Can Work With One Hammer
(song #3 from the CD Fun and Games by Greg & Steve)
I can work with one hammer, one hammer, one hammer
I can work with one hammer (bang one fist lightly on knee)
then I work with two
I can work with two hammers, two hammers, two hammers
I can work with two hammers (bang both fists lightly on knees)
then I work with three
I can work with three  hammers, three hammers, three hammers
I can work with three hammers (bang both fists and bounce one leg)
then I work with four
I can work with four hammers, four hammers, four hammers
I can work with four hammers (bang both fists and bounce both legs)
and then I work with five
I can work with five hammers, five hammers, five hammers
I can work with five hammers (bang both fists, bounce both legs and nod your head)
and then I need a rest

Sing again but go backwards this time....

No comments:

Post a Comment