April 13, 2016 Story Time - April Showers


If you missed this weeks story time here is what we did:

*marks the books we read




















Boom! Boom! Boom!  by Jamie A. Swenson*
Mud!  by Wendy Cheyette Lewison
Tap Tap Boom Boom  by Elizabeth Bluemle
Rain  by Marion Dane Bauer*
Splish, Splash, Flappy Ducks  by Ann Tobias
Olga the Cloud  by Nicoletta Costa*
Who Likes Rain?  by Wong Herbert Yee
Mud Puddle  by Robert Munsch

For our craft we decorated a picture with colored flowers.

Extra activities:

Flower fingerplay
A hand is a bud
closed up tight (close hand into a fist)
without a tiny speck of light
then slowly the petals
open for me (slowly open hand, one finger at a time)
and here is a beautiful flower I see!

Flower Song (tune: "My Darling Clementine")
Yellow, flowers, blue flowers, red flowers I can see
pink flowers, orange flowers, gold flowers I can see
purple flowers, purple flowers, purple flowers I can see
all the flowers in the garden, in the garden, I can see
(while I sang, the children held up flowers on craft sticks that matched the colors in the song)

Pretty Flowers (tune "Jingle Bells")
Pretty flowers, pretty flowers, growing everywhere
here are some pretty flowers, hold them in the air
pretty flowers, pretty flowers, gold and pink and blue
red and yellow, orange and purple, I picked them just for you!
(while I sang, the children held up flowers on craft sticks that matched the colors in the song)




No comments:

Post a Comment