March 9, 2016 Story Time - Cows


If you missed this weeks story time here is waht we did:

*marks the books we read




















Moo, Moo, Brown Cow! Have You Any Milk?  by Phillis Gershator*
Only Cows Allowed!  by Lynn Plourde
There's a Cow in the Road!  by Reeve Lindbergh
Lazy Daisy, Cranky Frankie  by Mary Ellen Jordan & Andrew Weldon*
The Grumpy Morning  by Darcia Labrosse
Meow Said the Cow  by Emma Dodd
From Milk to Ice Cream  by Stacy Taus-Bolstad*
Moo Who?  by Margie Palatini
Brown Cow Green Grass Yellow Mellow Sun  by Ellen Jackson
The Cow Who Clucked  by Denise Fleming

For our craft we made a cow paper bag puppet like the one found here:
http://goo.gl/HSZsGa


Extra activities

I Went to the Farm to See the Animals (an action chant)
I went to the farm to see the animals, see the animals, see the animals
I went to the farm to see the animals, and this is what they did:
The cows I saw went walking, walking, walking (walk in place)
the cows I saw went walking, and then I saw the sheep
the sheep I saw went sliding, sliding, sliding (slide feet side to side)
the sheep I saw went sliding, and then I saw the ducks
the ducks I saw went waddling, waddling, waddling (waddle like a duck)
the ducks I saw went waddling, and then I saw the chickens
the chickens I saw went scratching, scratching, scratching (scratch ground with feet)
the chickens I saw went scratching, and then I saw the pigs
the pigs I saw went rolling, rolling, rolling (roll hands over each other)
the pigs I saw went rolling in the mud, and that is what I saw

We talked about farm animals and the sounds they make




No comments:

Post a Comment