February 10, 2016 Story Time - Valentine's Day


If you missed this weeks story time here is what we did:

*marks the books we read




















Clifford's Valentines  by Norman Bridwell*
1-2-3 Valentine's Day (A Counting Book)  by Jeanne Modesitt
Who Wants a Hug?  by Jeff Mack
The Ballad of Valentine  by Alison Jackson
The  Shape of My Heart  by Mark Sperring*
The Night Before Valentine's Day  by Natasha Wing
My Heart Is Like a Zoo  by Michael Hall
Pigs in Love  by Teddy Slater*

For our craft we decorated Valentine's Day cards like the ones found here:
http://goo.gl/ioOqql

Extra activities:
This Valentine is shaped like...(shapes+rhymes=phonemic awareness)
This valentine is shaped like a square
this valentine is shaped like a bear
this valentine is shaped like a circle
this valentine is colored purple
this valentine is shaped like a rectangle
this valentine is shaped like a triangle
this valentine is shaped like a dove
this valentine is shaped with love!

Five Little Valentines
Five little valentines, I bought at the store
I gave one to mother, now I have four
four little valentines, pretty as can be
I gave one to daddy, now I have three
three little valentines, red, white and blue
I gave one to brother, now I have two
two little valentines, enough for everyone
I gave one to sister, now I have one
one little valentine, what should I do?
I know what, I'll give this one to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment