August 26, 2015 Story Time - Numbers & Counting


If you missed this weeks story time here is what we did:

*marks the books we read
















The Baseball Counting Book  by Barbara Barbieri McGrath*
My First Look at Numbers  by Jane Yorke
Dinosaurs Count!  by Ava Saviola
Monster Knows Numbers  by Lori Capote*
Dinosaur Countdown  by Nicholas Oldland*
Numbers Everywhere  by Elliott Kaufman
Beaches and Bicycles a Summer Counting Book  by Rebecca Fjelland Davis*
National Geographic Little Kids Ocean Counting  by Janet Lawler
Polar Animals! A Counting Backward Book  by Rebecca Fjelland Davis*
123 versus ABC  by Mike Boldt

For our craft we painted apples with out finger tips on a picture of an apple tree. Every paper had a different amount of apples that needed to be added to the apple tree.

Extra activities:
We played a number guessing game. I held up a number from one to ten and the children had to guess what number it was

Number songs:
Ten in a Bed
There were ten in a bed and the little one said,
roll over, roll over (rolling motion)
so they all rolled over and one fell out
there were nine in the bed and the little one said,
roll over, roll over
so the all rolled over and one fell out
(repeat until you reach one)
there was one in the bed and the little one said, good night!

Ten Fingers
I have ten fingers (hold up both hands, fingers spread)
and they all belong to me (point to yourself)
I can make them do things-
would you like to see?

I can shut them up tight (make fists)
I can open them wide (oen hands)
I can put them together (place palms together)
I can make them all hide (put hands behind your back)

I can make them jump high (hands over head
I can make them jump low (touch the floor)
I can fold them up quietly (fold hands in lap)
and hold them just so

No comments:

Post a Comment