August 21, 2013 Story Time - Numbers


If you missed this weeks story time here is what we did:

(*marks the books we read)



Around the Neighborhood  by Sarah L. Thomson*
Help me Learn Numbers 0-20  by Jean Marzollo
Hootenanny! a Festive Counting Book  by Kimberly Ainsworth
Numbers  by Keith Kimberlin*
Zoo Animals 1 2 3  by Rebecca Fjelland Davis*
Buzzing Bees: Discovering Odd Numbers  by Amanda Doering Tourville
One Tractor a Counting Book  by Alexandra Siy*

The craft we made can be found here: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/crafts/colors/icecreamcone2.htm

Extra Activities:

Five Fat Peas
Five fat peas in a pea pod pressed
(children hold hand in a fist)
One grew, two grew, so did all the rest
(put thumb and fingers up one by one)
They grew and grew
(raise hand in the air very slowly)
And did not stop.
Until one day
The pod went POP!
(children clap hands together)

Ten Fingers
I have ten fingers (hold up both hands, fingers spread)
And they all belong to me (point to self)
I can make them do things-
Would you like to see?

I can shut them up tight (make fists)
I can open them wide (open hands)
I can put them together (place palms together)
I can make them all hide (put hands behind back)

I can make them jump high (hold hands over head)
I can make them jump low (touch floor)
I can fold them up quietly (fold hands and place them in your lap)
And hold them just so


No comments:

Post a Comment