March 12, 2014 Story Time - Your Hands


If you missed this weeks story time here is what we did:

*marks the books we read




Clap Your Hands  by Lorinda Bryan Cauley*
Wash Your Hands  by Tony Ross
Washing My Hands  by Elizabeth Vogel*
Eyes, Nose, Fingers and Toes  by Judy Hindley
Hands Can  by Cheryl Willis Hudson*

For our craft we traced our hand on paper and then decorated it with foam hearts and letters that spelled our names

Extra activities:

We talked about the letter "H", the sound it makes and words that begin with "H"

Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes
Head, shoulders, knees & toes
knees & toes
head, shoulders, knees & toes
knees & toes
eyes and ears and mouth and nose
head, shoulders, knees & toes
knees & toes

Ten Little Fingers
I have ten fingers and they all belong to me
I can make them do things. Would you like to see?
I can shut them up tight
Or open them wide
I can put them together or make them all hide
I can make them jump high
I can make them go low
I can fold them quietly and hold them just so

Right Hand, Left Hand
This is my right hand, I raise it up high
This is my left hand, I touch the sky
Right, hand, left hand
Roll them round and round
Right hand, left hand
Let's all sit down

Clap Your Hands
Clap, clap, clap your hands
as s-l-o-w-l-y as you can
clap, clap, clap your hands
as quickly as you can
(repeat verses with new words & motions)
shake, shake, shake your hands
roll, roll, roll your hands
rub, rub, rub your hands
wiggle, wiggle, wiggle your fingers

I Wiggle
I wiggle my fingers
I wiggle my toes
I wiggle my shoulders
I wiggle my nose
now no more wiggles
are left in me
so I will be still
as still as can be


No comments:

Post a Comment